COVID-19 vaccine clinics scheduled in Groton
Groton ― The state Department of Public Health has announced the following vaccine clinics will be held in collaboration with community partners.
The bi-valent booster, the latest COVID-19 vaccine, will be available, as well as the first or second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
All clinics are for ages 6 months and up.
• 8 a.m. - 11a.m. Oct. 5; Mystic River Magnet School, 160 Fishtown Road.
• 11a.m. - 2 p.m. Oct. 6; Northeast Academy, 115 Oslo St.
• 9 a.m.- noon Oct. 7; Groton Central Office, 1300 Flanders Road.
• 8 a.m. - noon Oct. 13; Catherine Kolnaski STEAM Magnet School, 500 Poquonnock Road.
• 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. Oct. 15; Groton Public Library, 52 Newtown Road.
• 8 a.m. - 11 a.m., Oct. 17; Thames River Magnet School, 250 Brandegee School.
The Pfizer Bivalent COVID-19 vaccine is for people 12 years of age and older, and they must have received the COVID-19 vaccine primary series. People are eligible for the bivalent booster two months after their last dose of vaccine, regardless if it was the primary series or a booster.
The Moderna Bivalent COVID-19 vaccine is for people 18 years of age and older, and they must have received the COVID-19 vaccine primary series. People are eligible for bivalent booster, two months after last dose of vaccine, regardless if it was the primary series or a booster.
CDC guidelines for boosters are available at: https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2022/s0901-covid-19-booster.html