Police announce road closures, traffic alerts for Noank and Mystic Memorial Day parades
Groton ― The Groton Town Police Department have announced road closures and traffic congestion alerts for Monday due to the Noank and Mystic Memorial Day parades.
Noank road closures will start at approximately 10 a.m. and will remain in effect for a short period of time after the parade, police said in a news release
The Noank closures include:
· Elm Street, from Brook Street to Prospect Hill Road
· The Noank Village area, including Mosher and Ward avenues.
· Main, Pearl, High and Sylvan streets.
The Mystic road closures will occur at approximately 2 p.m. and will remain in effect until approximately half an hour after the parade. The closures are:
· West Main Street, from the Drawbridge to High Street
· Water Street, from West Main Street to New London Road
· Pearl Street, from West Main Street to Clift Street
· Gravel Street, from West Main St. to Clift Street.