Local roundup: Flynn helps lead Ledyard volleyball past Montville
Ledyard — Kaitlin Flynn had nine aces and 12 digs as Ledyard beat Montville 25-23, 25-7 and 25-20 in a high school volleyball match Wednesday night.
Tajeah Winston had 10 kills, Hannah Avila had 21 assists and eight digs and Kira Kassim had 10 kills for Ledyard (7-5). Montville falls to 6-6.
In other matches:
• Norwich Tech beat Grasso Tech 25-14, 25-15, 25-8 in a Connecticut Technical Conference match. Jade Houtman Wolchesky had eight kills, three assists and two digs for Norwich Tech (5-6, 5-2). Grasso is 0-10.
• Waterford beat Griswold 25-18, 25-21, 25-16 as Ryleigh Gonyo had 10 kills and 11 digs and Rachel Miller had nine kills and 10 digs. Sabrina Kobyluck had 24 assists and Lilian Kramer had four aces and four kills for Waterford (9-3). Hannah Clark had 21 assists and eight digs for Griswold.
• Woodstock Academy beat East Lyme 25-19, 25-23, 25-21 in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Division I match. Mya Delesdernier had 16 kills and 12 digs and Sophie Dubreuil had 18 digs and 12 kills for East Lyme (6-5, 2-2).
• Bernadelle Dorvil scored three goals as Old Westbury beat Mitchell College 4-2 in a nonleague game. Lindsey Fairbank scored twice for Mitchell (3-7) and Madison Nicynski assisted on the second one.
H.S. boys' cross country
• Norwich Free Academy used its depth to outlast Griswold 28-29 and sweep a home meet at Mohegan Park on Tuesday. The Wildcats (7-1, 2-1) also defeated Fitch 15-38 in an ECC Division I meet and Killingly 15-50. Fitch (4-4, 1-2) lost to Griswold 19-38. Griswold's Michael Strain won individual honors in 17:16, eight seconds faster than NFA's Peyton Ramsey, but after Griswold's Lucas and Jacob Strain finished 3-4, respectively, NFA's Aidan Brown, Timothy Jencks, Tyler Crabb, Digby Ludlow and Aidan Croteau took the next five places. Simon Chidley finished 10th for Fitch.
• Robin Zemlo won a pair of individual events to lift Ledyard to a 72-52 win over Lyman Memorial/Windham/Parish Hill in the ECC on Tuesday. Zemlo won the 200 individual medley and 500 freestyle for the Colonels (2-4, 2-3), who also picked up individual wins from Tessa Finnegan (200 free), Kate Truncale (100 butterfly), Emma Cassidy (100 backstroke) and Alexandria Martinez-Garcia (100 breaststroke).
Stories that may interest you
Amina Wiley scored 31 points and had 17 rebounds as Mitchell College beat Lasell 78-75 in a nonleague women's basketball game Thursday night.