Local roundup: Montville qirls qualify for Class M soccer tournament
Montville — Montville qualfied for the CIAC Class M girls' soccer tournament in its final regular-season match with a 1-0 victory over Stonington on Monday night.
Alexis DeLucia's goal in the second half was the difference for the Indians, who finish the regular season 6-7-3, while Julia Beaupre earned the shutout in goal with nine saves.
Tori LoPresto stopped five shots in goal for the Bears, who finish the season 5-10-1.
In other matches:
• Old Lyme and Cromwell played to a 1-1 draw in the Shoreline Conference, Melissa Mauro, assisted by Ellery Zrenda, scored the lone goal for the Wildcats (10-2-3), who held a 16-5 edge in shots, and goalie Sam Gray made four saves. Old Lyme also earned the No. 2 seed behind Portland for the upcoming conference tournament and received a bye in Saturday's opening round.
• Sujesh Kurumbail, Evan Fitzgerald and Kurt Mahlke all scored for East Lyme in its 3-0 win over Ledyard. Noam Sokolovsky had two assists, Rohan Venkatesh had an assist and Owen Brown had five saves for the Vikings (8-5-2). Blake McLeod had three saves for the Colonels (11-4).
• Casey White had three saves for Waterford as it played Lyman Memorial to a scoreless tie. Waterford is 4-8-3.
• Indigo Hevner had 29 assists and four aces to lead Lyman Memorial to a 24-14, 27-25, 25-22 win over Ledyard in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Division II match. Kira Kassim had nine kills for the Colonels (10-9, 2-4) while Tajeah Winston had seven kills, Hanna Avila 18 assists and McKayla Finkelstein 15 digs.
• Old Lyme finished its season with a 25-9, 24-17, 25-11 non-conference win over Norwich Tech. Taylor Thompson had five kills and five aces for the Wildcats (3-17), who snapped a 12-game losing streak, while Maddie Cann added five kills and seven digs and Isabel Dean-Frazier had 13 assists. Ashley Williams had six digs for Norwich Tech (7-11).
• Nora Ryan had 24 kills and four blocks as Fitch swept Hale-Ray 25-20, 25-10, 25-20 in a non-conference match. Karly Morales had 30 assists and Marlo Sim added 20 digs for Fitch (13-5).
H.S. field hockey
• Olivia Monte had three goals and Ellie Korinek scored twice as Stonington overwhelmed NFA, 8-0, in the ECC. Dillon Griscom had a goal and two assists and Alex Fidrych for the Bears (11-2-1, 10-0-1) and Sam Harris both scored. Norah Gallagher had 15 saves for the Wildcats (0-14, 0-11).
• Greg Outlaw scored 17 points as Central Connecticut defeated Coast Guard Academy 104-64 in an exhibition game in New Britain. Packy Witkowski and Noah Baldez had nine points apiece for the Bears, who open their season on Nov. 8 at midnight (ESPNU) against host Alaska-Anchorage in the Armed Forces Classic.
Stories that may interest you
Tallie Williams scored 12 points and grabbed 13 rebounds as Ledyard surprised Waterford 41-35 in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Division II girls' basketball game on Tuesday night.