Local roundup: DiRico's goal lifts Ledyard over Fitch in girls' soccer
Groton — Abby DiRico's goal snapped a 1-1 tie and lifted Ledyard to a 2-1 win over Fitch in a girls' soccer game on Tuesday.
Lexi LaPerle scored to give Ledyard (11-3-1) a 1-0 lead and Maddie Lynch scored for Fitch (5-10-1).
In other games:
• Kayla Park scored two goals as NFA beat Waterford 5-2. Mackenzie Teper and Hannah Daniewicz had a goal and an assist each, Caitlin Daley made nine saves, Abigail Tucker scored and Jessica Lavoie and Hannah Vega had assists for NFA (5-6-5). Lily Marelli and Claudia Blazquez had goals and Mya Rheaume made four saves for Waterford (6-6-4).
• Caroline Codner had two goals and two assists and Lindsay Clement scored twice as St. Bernard thumped Putnam, 6-0. Emily Hernandez had a goal and an assist, Victoria Hannaford had two assists and Halie Jennings scored for the Saints (7-5-4).
• Skylar Gustavsen’s second-half goal gave Bacon Academy its 1-0 win over East Lyme. Avery Owen had three saves for East Lyme (9-4-3).
• Wheeler lost to Parish Hill 1-0 in a nonleague game. Addie Hauptmann made seven saves for Wheeler (2-13).
H.S. boys' soccer
• Ian Spracklin scored both of Wheeler's goals as it played Parish Hill to a 2-all tie. Matt Pierce had two assists for Wheeler (2-12-1) and Bowen Baker had five saves.
• Ellie Meredith had 31 assists and four aces as East Lyme edged Guilford 22-25, 25-10, 12-25, 25-11, 15-6. Mya Delesdernier had 20 kills and 12 digs, Sophie Dubreuil had 15 digs and four aces, and Lindsay Hatajik had 14 digs for East Lyme (11-7). Guilford (18-2) is the top seed in the Southern Connecticut Conference tournament.
• Killingly rallied for a 3-2 victory over Montville on Monday night. Game scores were 26-24, 23-25, 18-25, 25-10 and 15-12. Rori Curran had four aces, three digs and two blocks for the Indians, who finish the regular season 9-9, while Maya Hillman added eight kills, six blocks and two digs and Brooke Taylor had 10 assists and nine digs.
• Norwich Free Academy defeated Morgan 25-6, 25-21, 25-23 on Monday night. Sarah Ericson led the Wildcats (7-10) with 10 kills, 10 assists and 12 digs while Kennedy Jakan had seven kills and eight digs and Sidney Meneses added three aces and 14 assists.
H.S. girls' swimming
• Tessa Finnegan and Katey Truncale won two events each as Ledyard beat Lyman/Windham/Parish Hill 95-54 in an ECC meet. Finnegan won the 100-yard freestyle (1:04.55) and 100 breaststroke (1:23.59) and Truncale won the 500 freestyle (6:31.15) and 100 backstroke (1:16.33). Erin Lyons, Aubrie Lozier, Truncale and Finnegan won the 400 freestyle relay in 4:48.14 for Ledyard (3-8, 3-7).
• Gloria Ng of NFA broke her own school record in the 100-yard breaststroke in an ECC meet against Fitch/Stonington/New London. Ng, a junior, won with a time of 1:09.79, topping the 1:10.23 set had earlier this season.
H.S. field hockey
• Jess San Juan had a goal and an assist as Waterford beat Woodstock Academy 2-1 in an ECC game. San Juan assisted on Gabbi Stack's goal, which tied the game at 1-1. Molly Quiles assisted on San Juan's second-half goal for the Lancers (3-12, 3-8).
• Fitch's Ashleigh Holmes and Killingly's Brianna Caffrey scored second-half goals as the teams finished in a 1-1 tie. Jessica Russo added an assist and goalie Hailie Kesterson made four saves for Fitch (8-7-1 overall, 6-5-1 in the ECC). Emma Barbeau made three saves for Killingly.
• Emily Kosky had a match-high 13 kills as Amherst snapped Coast Guard's five-match winning streak 25-15, 25-21, 25-17. Noelle Tursky had 16 assists, nine kills, seven digs and three blocks for Coast Guard (19-8) and Amanda Dake had 12 kills.
• Mitchell College beat Becker 25-22, 25-12, 29-27 in a New England Collegiate Conference match. Olivia DeLoach had 16 kills and 14 digs, Ariana Carter had nine kills, Claire Binfield had 14 assists, Lexi Hubbard had 20 assists and Cameron Childs had 20 digs for Mitchell (13-10, 4-3).
• Coast Guard and UMass Dartmouth played to a 0-0 tie in a nonleague game. Dakota Harich made nine saves for Coast Guard (9-7-1).
Stories that may interest you
Tallie Williams scored 12 points and grabbed 13 rebounds as Ledyard surprised Waterford 41-35 in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Division II girls' basketball game on Tuesday night.