Local roundup: Pazzaglia leads East Lyme past NFA
East Lyme — Izzy Pazzaglia scored 19 points and had four steals as East Lyme beat NFA 42-29 in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Division I girls' basketball game on Thursday night.
Kaitlyn DiLoreto had 10 rebounds, Ava Roach had eight points and 10 rebounds and Sachi Vora had eight points and four steals for East Lyme (3-5, 1-1). Nevaek Yorke led NFA (1-7, 0-2) with 11 points.
In other games:
• Clare Inyang scored 14 points and had 15 rebounds as Ledyard beat Montville 64-30. Cierra Bravar had 17 points and eight assists, Aliyah Dantzler had 11 points and Cassie Rice scored 10 for Ledyard (5-2). Maya Hillman had six points and 10 rebounds, Jada Cheung scored 13 and Grace Sanford had eight points for Montville (5-5).
• Marissa Nudd scored 18 of her game-high 26 points in the first half of Bacon Academy’s 67-28 win over Woodstock Academy in an ECC Division II game. Valerie Luizzi scored 15 for the Bobcats (8-1, 4-0) and Ashley Lizotte added nine points. The Centaurs are 3-6, 0-3.
• Nalyce Dudley had 22 points, seven rebounds and six steals as New London downed Stonington on Wednesday night, 78-40. Serenity Lancaster had 24 points and 10 rebounds, Zanashia Croft had 11 points, seven assists and six steals and Jamya Beddoe had 10 points and five rebounds for the Whalers (7-2). Anne Drago had 14 points, seven rebounds, four assists and three steals for the Bears (4-5) and Gabby Dimock had 10 points and four rebounds.
• Lyman Memorial picked up its first win of the season, beating Tourtellotte 36-20 in an ECC Division IV game. Kevin Botticello and Jordan Chandler scored nine points each for Lyman (1-6, 1-1).
• Sean O'Connell scored 16 points to lead Waterford to a 57-38 win over Bacon Academy in an ECC Division II game. Nolan Gollsneider had 12 points and seven assists, Evan McCue scored 11, Juan Morel had 11 rebounds and seven blocks and Evan Piotrowski had seven rebounds and three steals for Waterford (6-2, 3-1). Matt Lizotte led Bacon (4-5, 2-2) with 16 points.
• Wheeler beat Haddam-Killingworth 44-40 in a nonleague game. Keith Zardies had 11 points and eight steals and Deondre Bransford had 17 rebounds for Wheeler (6-3).
• Stonington's Lydia Laskey won all four events as the Bears beat Westerly 129.55-112.05 in a nonleague meet. Laskey's all-around score was 34.6, winning the uneven bars (8.2), balance beam (9.1) and floor exercise (9.05) and sharing vault honors with Westerly's Ava Ullrich at 8.25.
Mary Lord of Stonington (3-2) was second in all-around with 32.4 and teammates Shay Burnside and Haley Adamson shared third at 31.0.
• Unbeaten New London had six wrestlers win by pin in its 60-21 win over Bacon Academy on Wednesday night. Jorge Gonzalez-Garcia (113), Andy Martinez-Soliz (120), Treyvon Lewellen (145), Christian Ortiz (182), Kaden Smith (220) and heavyweight were the six for the Whalers (4-0). The Bobcats are 5-14.
• Sheehan scored all of its goals in the first period and went on to beat the Eastern Connecticut Eagles on Wednesday night, 3-1. Wyatt Verbridge scored, Drew Sager and Chase Williams both had an assist and Eric Prates had 23 saves for the Eagles (3-4).
• St. Thomas More's rally fell short on Wednesday night, losing to Cushing Academy 82-80. The Chancellors (10-3) trailed by 23 points with seven minutes left in the game. Kyle Carlesimo led St. Thomas More with 22 points. The Chancellors home game on Friday against Putnam Science Academy is closed to the public.
Stories that may interest you
Alfonzo Stokes scored 27 points and had six rebounds as the Mitchell College men's basketball team beat SUNY Purchase 85-80 in a nonleague game on Tuesday night.
BASKETBALL College men Springfield at Coast Guard, 7:30 p.m. College women MIT at Coast Guard, 5:30 p.m. High School boys Montville at Amistad 6 p.m. Lyman Memorial at Ellington 6:45...