Log In


Reset Password
  • MENU
    State
    Saturday, November 26, 2022

    Naugatuck felon wanted for killing child, 1, spotted in New Haven, police say

    Naugatuck — Police say the man wanted in the killing of a 1-year-old child remains at-large Saturday and is believed to be in the New Haven area.

    Naugatuck police said released images of a man they believe is Christopher Francisquini who was seen around 4 p.m. Friday afternoon on security footage on Quinnipiac Avenue in New Haven. Police said the person seen in the footage "matches the clothing description and is believed by investigators to be Francisquini."

    Naugatuck police said they are working with state and federal authorities to find Francisquini, 31, who fled the Millville Avenue home where the child was killed Friday morning.

    Naugatuck police said Francisquini lived at the home and was related to the girl, but they have not specified their relationship.

    Police said Francisquini was driving a gray 2006 Chevrolet Impala.

    Naugatuck Police Chief C. Colin McAllister said Friday night they believed they found the Impala abandoned on Interstate 91 at Exit 8. State police said they were assisting at the scene, but officials have not confirmed whether it was Francisquini's car.

    Police said the public should not approach Francisquini.

    Francisquini was convicted in 2013 of first-degree assault and was sentenced to 10 years in jail. He has also been found guilty of possession with intent to sell or dispense, two counts of interfering with or resisting an officer, according to court records.

    In November 2021, state police and West Haven police charged Francisquini with two counts of second-degree assault, third-degree assault, robbery by carjacking, first-degree larceny, third-degree robbery, four counts of assaulting public safety, emergency medical, public transit or health care personnel, attempting to commit an escape from custody, interfering with or resisting an officer, second-degree breach of peace and two counts of failure to comply with fingerprint requirements, court records show.

    He was additionally charged out of Derby earlier this year in March for offenses stemming from November 2021. He was charged with two counts of second-degree breach of peace, third-degree burglary, four counts of attempting to commit third-degree larceny and attempting to commit first-degree larceny, according to court records.

    His bonds for these cases totaled more than $400,000. He was released from custody in July, court records show.

    Anyone with information about Francisquini's whereabouts can contact Naugatuck Police at 203-729-5221 or the department's confidential tip line at 203-720-1010.

    Ben Lambert can be reached at william.lambert@hearstmediact.com; reporting from Liz Hardaway is included in this story

    Comment threads are monitored for 48 hours after publication and then closed.