Storrs — UConn won its sixth straight baseball game, beating Central Connecticut State University 7-4 Wednesday at J.O. Christian Field.
The Huskies improved to 12-11 overall.
Right-hander Pat Butler pitched 6 2/3 innings to earn his second straight win, giving up three runs on eight hits. UConn's LJ Mazzilli led off the fifth with a single to extend his hitting streak to 14 games and Old Lyme's Ryan Fuller followed with a single, with both runners eventually scoring on a single by Alex DeBellis to make the score 6-1 in the Huskies' favor.
In other games:
• Mitchell College gave up five unearned runs in the bottom of the second inning to fall to Johnson & Wales 6-3. The Mariners (3-9) scored all their runs in the seventh, including an RBI double by Evan Peck. Peck, Justin Lemanski and Tommy Derosier each had two hits.
• Junior pitcher Kiki Saveriano lifted UConn to a 3-0 victory over Boston University, her fourth shutout of the season. She struck out seven and allowed nine hits. The Huskies (13-11) scored in the first on an RBI double by Amy Vaughan and added two runs in the third on a two-run home run over the left field wall by Marissa Guches. Emily O'Donnell and former Fitch standout Brittany Duclos each went 2-for-3, as UConn extended its winning streak to six games.
• Johnson & Wales swept a doubleheader from Mitchell College 3-0 and 8-0 in five innings. Nikki Hoxie had the only hit for Mitchell (3-9) in the first game against Johnson & Wales pitcher Tayla Gardner and Hoxie also had two of the Mariners' three hits in the second game.
• Fifth-ranked Trinity jumped out to a 10-3 halftime lead on the way to a 14-4 win over Connecticut College in the New England Small College Athletic Conference. Katelyn Driscoll, Libby Nichols, Maura Brazel and Lowell Abbott each had a goal for Conn (3-4).
• Stephen Eicher scored three goals in Conn College's 11-7 loss to Trinity in the NESCAC. John Lyons added two goals while JR Hartgers had a goal and an assist and Jack Griffin also scored for Conn (2-4, 1-3).