- Dear Abby
- Games & Puzzles
- Events & Exhibits
- Food & Drink
- Arts & Music
- Movies & TV
Stonington - Doug Domnarski pitched a four-hitter with 17 strikeouts as Ledyard-Pawcatuck beat Willimantic, 2-0, in a Zone VI American Legion baseball game Friday night.
Domnarski walked only one for Ledyard-Pawcatuck (2-0). Luis Vega pitched a three-hitter for Willimantic.
• Friday's game between New London and Waterford at Waterford was postponed due to wet grounds.
SEC 16-18 Babe Ruth
• Colin Harrington allowed just three hits over six innings and struck out 12 as Waterford beat East Lyme, 5-1. Matt Johnson scored twice and Anthony Jordan doubled for Waterford. Ben Hasting had two hits for East Lyme and Travis Kohl doubled.
• Kevin Schilling and Will Butler combined to strike out 13 as Tri-County II beat Mystic, 12-7, in the season-opener for both teams. John Woodard had a triple and two RBI for Mystic and Joe Podbielski scored twice.
• Walker Strelevitz hit a two-run single for Ledyard in its 5-4 win over New London. Brian Encarnacion hit a two-run double for New London.
• Thomas Jankowski of Norwich Tech was named to the Connecticut High School Coaches Association all-state baseball team. Jankowski, who was selected to the Class M team, was incorrectly identified in Thursday's edition. The senior played shortstop and pitched for the Warriors.