Ledyard house fire displaces three residents

Ledyard — A fire that started in the kitchen of a residence here Saturday night left three people displaced.

Firefighters were called to 209 Iron St. just after 8 p.m. for the report of a structure fire. The fire, which Ledyard Fire Department Chief Jonathan Mann said was contained to the kitchen, caused smoke and heat damage throughout the house. The blaze was knocked down in about 15 minutes, he said.

One resident was in the home at the time but she was able to evacuate without injury, Mann said. No firefighters were injured. Red Cross was assisting the three people who live at the residence, he said.

In addition to Ledyard, firefighters from Gales Ferry and Mashantucket responded, as well as a Mohegan Tribal fast team and tankers from nearby departments including Preston, North Stonington, Center Groton and East Great Plain. American Ambulance also was on scene, Mann said.

No further information was immediately available.

READER COMMENTS

Loading comments...
Hide Comments