H.S. girls' soccer roundup: NFA closes in on ECC Division I title
Norwich — Natalie Dionne and Cassidy White had second-half goals as Norwich Free Academy remained unbeaten in Eastern Connecticut Conference Division I play with a 2-0 win over Ledyard in a girls' soccer game on Wednesday.
Juliette Hogan and Kayla Park had assists for the Wildcats (9-3, 6-0), who can wrap up the title with a win over New London on Saturday.
Delaney Gagnon made 10 saves for the Colonels (5-7-1, 1-4-1).
In other games:
• Jacklyn Lavoie scored on a penalty kick with 14 minutes left in regulation as Waterford beat Stonington 1-0 in an ECC Division II game. Skyler Henry made four saves for Waterford (6-7, 3-5). Hannah Lamb made nine saves for the Bears (2-11-1, 2-6).
• Mia Londregan scored all of St. Bernard's goals in its 3-0 win over Griswold ECC Division III game. All the goals came in the second half. Emily Smith and Caroline Codner had assists and Briana Beverly made seven saves for the Saints (8-3, 7-2).
• Alivia Catanzaro and Kayla Markovitz had a goal and an assist each as East Lyme beat Fitch 4-0 in an ECC Division I game. Isabelle Riker and Phoebe Provencher scored, Karlie Rowe had an assist and Hayley Sorrentino made three saves for the Vikings (6-5-2, 4-1-1). The Falcons are 5-7-2, 3-4.
• Marissa Madera made 11 saves as Norwich Tech held on to beat Grasso Tech 4-3 in a Connecticut Technical Conference game. Lydia Santiago, Tessa Waskin, Alexandra Aguiar and Haley Bogle scored for Norwich Tech (5-6, 4-3), which led 3-1 at halftime. Morgan McNeil, Elisa Lebron and Karla Hernandez scored and Cheyla Archer made eight saves for the Eagles (1-8-1, 1-6).
• Mya Johnson had three goals and two assists as unbeaten Old Lyme trounced Haddam-Killingworth, 8-0, in a Shoreline Conference game. Maddie Ouellette had two goals and an assist, Brittney DeRoehn, Maria Denya and Lydia Tinnerello scored, Danielle McCarthy had an assist and Emily Rivera and Emma McCulloch combined for nine saves for the Wildcats (11-0, 7-0).
• Olivia Meehan scored a pair of goals as Montville beat Killingly 3-1 in an ECC Division II game. Kara Beaupre had a goal and an assist, Jessica Stronach had an assist and Lauren Ross made six saves for Montville (8-4, 5-3).
• The Williams School had seven players score in a 7-0 win over Rocky Hill School of Rhode Island. Camryn Werbinski, Lexi Day, Ellie Fader, Audrey Matson, Morgan Pill, Grace Powell and Mia Taylor scored for the Blues (5-2-1).
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES