Support Local News.

We've been with you throughout the pandemic, the vaccinations and the reopening of schools, businesses and communities. There's never been more of a need for the kind of local, independent and unbiased journalism that The Day produces.
Please support our work by subscribing today.

New London's Old Town Mill ready for tourist season

The City of New London’s Old Town Mill is open for free tours every other Saturday during July and August, starting on July 10.

Dates for tours are July 10, July 24, Aug. 7 and Aug. 21.

The Old Town Mill was originally built in 1650 by John Winthrop Jr., the founder of New London and later the governor of Connecticut. Listed on the National Historic Register, the mill is one of the oldest industrial sites in Connecticut. On Sept. 6, 1781, General Benedict Arnold burned the mill down during his raid on New London. The mill was rebuilt soon after on the original site.

The grounds of the Old Town Mill are open year-round until sunset. The mill is also available to groups by special appointment.

Call Judi Cox at (860) 447-5243 for more information.


Loading comments...
Hide Comments