H.S. basketball roundup: East Lyme girls finish it off from the foul line
East Lyme — Megan Bauman (19 points) made two free throws with 7.5 seconds left to lift the East Lyme High School girls’ basketball team past Bacon Academy on Tuesday, 56-55.
Sophie Dubreuil had 17 points and Katie Durkee 10 points for East Lyme (6-4).
Taylor Rochette had a career-high 21 points with 10 rebounds and Kellie Nudd scored 20 for the Bobcats (7-2), which beat the Vikings on Dec. 14 (52-49). Nudd became the seventh player in program history to eclipse the 1,000-point barrier.
In other games:
• Bella Graziano scored 21 as Norwich Free Academy pulled away in the fourth quarter for a 48-37 win over Stonington. Sarah Ericson scored 10 for NFA (4-5), which outscored the Bears in the fourth quarter, 19-10. Miranda Arruda scored 13 for Stonington (8-2), which beat the Wildcats on Dec. 13 (45-38).
• No. 1 New London shut out Fitch in the first half and beat the Falcons 48-16. The Whalers (8-1) led 29-0 at halftime. Spencer Roman had 17 points, nine rebounds and four steals for New London and Tai Pagan added 13 points, nine rebounds and three assists. Xaryia Melendez had nine rebounds and Jayden Burns nine points. Fitch is 4-5.
• Geovonna Taitague scored 13 as Norwich Tech beat Ellis Tech 26-17 in a Connecticut Technical Conference game. Julia Robert had six points and 15 rebounds for Norwich Tech, which outscored the Eagles 16-4 in the second half.
• Lindsay Orbann made two free throws with 19 seconds left to lift unbeaten East Hampton past Old Lyme 33-32 in the Shoreline Conference. East Hampton is 8-0, 7-0. Sam Gray had seven points for the Wildcats (6-4, 4-4) and Emily DeRoehn and Emma McCulloch both scored six.
• Windham beat Montville 40-17. Maya Hillman had eight points and 22 rebounds for Montville (6-3).
• Williams lost to Masters 54-26. Olivia Kaplan scored eight for Williams.
• Liam Spellman had his second triple-double of the season (12 points, 15 rebounds 10 assists) as Waterford downed Ledyard 70-47. Ryan O'Connell had 14 points and 12 rebounds, Dylan Eckhart scored 15, and JJ Brennan had nine points and seven rebounds for the Lancers (8-0), ranked sixth in the GameTimeCT/New Haven Register Top 10 poll. Ken Turner had 17 points for the Colonels (2-3) and Dorell Cagle scored 11.
• Luke Leonard scored 18 as seventh-ranked East Lyme trounced Bacon Academy 77-50. Nate Diaz (five 3-pointers) and Dev Ostrowski both scored 17 for East Lyme (6-1). Casey Hart scored 11 for the Bobcats (0-5).
• Zach Scott had four 3-pointers and scored 22 as Stonington topped Montville 83-40. Marquis Jackson had eight points and 14 rebounds for Stonington (6-1) and Jacob Geary had 12 points and eight rebounds. Ethan McKinney scored 14 and Zach Southard nine for the Indians (2-4).
• Max Lee scored 12 as St. Bernard beat Wheeler 67-28. Joseph Beltran and Nate Avery both scored eight for the Saints (4-3). Bowen Baker scored nine for Wheeler (3-4).
• Xavier Marquez had 24 points for NFA in its 60-48 win over Fitch. Mason Jackson had 13 points and Nolan Molkenthin scored 11 for NFA (6-2). Kiev Lucas had 20 points for the Falcons (3-3) and David Beaudet scored 10.
• Shane Bigelow scored 18 of his game-high 26 points in the second-half as Killingly beat New London 61-50. Luke Desaulnier had 20 points, including his 1,000th, for Killingly (3-3). Tayeshawn Cunningham scored 15 for the Whalers (1-4).
• Grasso Tech's Silas Wiggins scored 30 points but the Eagles lost to Windham Tech 74-61 in a CTC game. Jacob Cortes scored 11 for Grasso (0-6).
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES