H.S. basketball roundup: Jones sparks Whalers past Colonels
New London — Jabari Jones had 18 points and 10 rebounds as New London beat Ledyard on Tuesday night, 77-67, in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Division I game.
Tayeshawn Cunningham-Pemberton scored 18, Elijah Robinson had 17 points and five assists, and Noah James had 17 points and five steals for New London (6-8, 1-3), which has won four of its last five games.
Ken Turner had 25 points and 11 rebounds, Seamus McGrath scored 15, and Syncere Gray scored 10 for the Colonels (5-6, 1-2).
In other games:
• Ray Doll had 10 rebounds and three assists as Old Lyme used a dominant first quarter to cruise to a 58-27 win over Westbrook in the Shoreline Conference. Brady Sheffield scored 10 for Old Lyme (12-1, 11-0), which outscored the White Knights 20-4 in the first quarter.
• Fitch qualified for the state tournament with a 65-59 win over Killingly in ECC Division II. The Falcons improved to 8-6, 4-1.
• Cooper Wall scored 15 points while RJ Parilla had 12 and Zach Scott 10 in Stonington's 45-30 win over Griswold in ECC Division III. The Bears are 11-3, 4-1.
• Cole Paquin scored 17 as Windham Tech beat Grasso Tech, 89-66, in a Connecticut Technical Conference game. Silus Wiggins had 24 points for Grasso (2-12) and Luis Duran scored 14.
• Aliza Bell contributed 18 points and 14 rebounds, leading Stonington past Ledyard, 56-22, in ECC Division II action. Miranda Arruda scored 18 points for the Bears (12-3, 6-0). Katie Krupansky had 11 points for the Colonels (4-11, 0-5).
• Freshman Sophia Boras had 12 points and 10 rebounds to pace St. Bernard past Wheeler, 44-25, in ECC Division IV. Emily Nelson scored 10 points for the Saints (6-9, 2-4). Annie Dussault led the Lions (4-11, 1-5) with 12 points.
• Kellie Nudd had 16 points and Bridget Anderson scored 15 as Bacon Academy beat Fitch 55-36 in an ECC Division II game. Charlotte Carney led Fitch (6-10, 1-5) with 12 points and teammate Nyseanah Ishmael scored 10. Nudd had eight rebounds for Bacon (11-4, 5-1).
• Samarie Delgado led Grasso Tech with six points in a 52-14 loss to Windham Tech. The Eagles fell to 1-13 overall.
• Julia Robert scored eight points with 17 rebounds and Geovanna Taitague added seven in Norwich Tech's 26-24 loss to Ellis Tech in the Connecticut Technical Conference. The Warriors fell to 4-11, 3-4.
• Wethersfield led 35-15 at halftime and went on to beat Waterford 61-30 in a nonleague game. Gaby Kramer and Marilyn Childs scored seven points each for Waterford (5-10).