H.S. lacrosse: St. Bernard girls edge New London on Clement's OT goal
Montville — Lindsay Clement's goal one minute into overtime lifted St. Bernard past New London, 11-10, in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Division II girls' lacrosse game on Tuesday.
Clement finished with five goals for the Saints (2-2, 2-2) while Olivia Mayorga scored three goals, Sophia Videll added two and Liz Hannaford had one.
Aislinn Strecker scored eight goals for the Whalers (2-6, 2-6) and Nadya Murphy had two.
In other games:
• Dani Bruno scored six goals and added an assist as East Lyme beat Bacon Academy, 21-2, to remain unbeaten at 7-0. Ryan Nagle chipped in five goals and two assists while Nancy Alden had four goals and an assist, and Sydney Sager added three goals for the Vikings. Skylar Gustavsen had two goals for the Bobcats (5-2).
• Caroline Crolius scored six goals to power Old Lyme over Haddam-Killingworth, 11-9, in the Shoreline Conference. Sadie Bowman had two goals and three assists while Emily Mesham had one goal and one assist while Fiona Frederiks and Grace Arnold each scored a goal for the Wildcats (4-4, 3-3). Sydney Goulding added two assists and goalie Hayden Saunders made 14 saves.
• Elizabeth Clang scored her first career goal in Fitch's 15-1 win over Ledyard. Rita Sefransky and Bridget O'Leary had four goals and two assists apiece while Nora Casey had one goal and two assists and Brook Bergendahl and Stella Connell each added a goal and an assist for the Falcons (7-1). The Colonels fell to 4-3.
• Lily Tomczik scored seven goals in Montville's 15-5 win over Norwich Free Academy. Lindsey Beavan and Reagan Buscetto each added two goals while Maddie Gould, Elie Bowman, Felicia Bower and Addie Concascia also scored for the Indians (5-2), who received 11 saves from goalie Madeline Horkey. Jillian Brunelli scored five goals for the Wildcats (1-5).
• Nick Cox scored three goals and Owen Macadam had two in Old Lyme's 12-5 loss to Haddam-Killingworth in the Shoreline Conference. The was the first conference loss of the season for the Wildcats (3-4, 3-1).
• Sophomore Cam Elenteny led Stonington with five goals and three assists in a 15-12 win over Fitch. Ben Massengale scored four goals and Tyler Simao added three goals and an assist for the Bears (5-5). The Falcons are 5-2.
• Bacon Academy scored six goals in the final quarter to beat Woodstock Academy 12-10. Kellen Paparella had three goals and one assist while Sam Blumberger had one goal and three assists and Tyler Graham scored three goals for the Bobcats (6-1). Goalie Chase Goulet made two saves and Jason Consiglio and Jake Chapman each scored twice.
Stories that may interest you
Stonington outlasted Waterford on Friday, 4-3, avenging an early-season 4-3 loss to the Lancers in a matchup of Eastern Connecticut Conference Division I girls' tennis leaders.
Bacon Academy remained atop the Eastern Connecticut Conference Division II girls' lacrosse standings with an 18-3 victory over Griswold on Thursday.
Shoreline Conference champion Westbrook beat Old Lyme for the second time this year, edging the Wildcats 4-3 in a boys' tennis match on Wednesday.
Josh Mooney won the 100 (11.0), 200 (22.8), 110 hurdles (15.1) and the javelin (150-3) to pace unbeaten Stonington past East Lyme on Wednesday, 94-56, in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Division I boys' meet.