H.S. lacrosse: Unbeaten East Lyme boys cruise past Woodstock 21-7
Woodstock — Matt Valakos had four goals and six assists as East Lyme remained unbeaten with a 21-7 victory over Woodstock Academy in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Division I boys' lacrosse game on Tuesday.
Ryan Whaley added three goals and three assists for the Vikings (9-0, 6-0) while Wes Williamson and Garisen Wiese had had four goals and one assist apiece, Miles Hinkley had three goals and one apiece and Zach Boguszewski, Matt Brodeur and Jack Keating each scored a goal.
In other games:
• Oliver Searle had three goals and two assists for Waterford as it edged Norwich Free Academy, 7-6, in an ECC Division I game. John Zimmerman scored twice for Waterford (5-5, 2-3) and Nathan Houggy and Anthony Stone both scored. Logan Jenkins and Quinn Perkins each had a goal and two assists, Nolan Brown scored twice and Sam Sweeney had nine saves for the Wildcats (4-6, 1-5).
• Tyler Simao had three goals and three assists and Cam Elenteny had five goals as Stonington downed Ledyard/Griswold, 18-4, in an ECC Division II game. Benjamin Massengale had two goals and three assists, Nate Hennessey had a goal and three assists and Ben French had a goal and two assists for Stonington (6-5, 5-1). The Colonels are 2-8, 2-5.
• Morgan beat Old Lyme, 14-13, in a Shoreline Conference game. Owen MacAdam had six goals, Nick Cox had four goals and an assist and Brendan O'Brien had a goal and two assists for Old Lyme (5-5, 5-2).
• Megan Detwiler had four goals and Katherine Glenn scored twice in Stonington's 9-7 win over Bacon Academy. Lauren Goebel, Carleigh O'Keefe and Rachel Sabbadini also scored for the Bears (7-2). Sarah Newton had three goals, Shannon Hickey had two goals and Maddox Burton and Skylar Gustavsen each had a goal and an assist for the Bobcats (7-3).
• Emily Gates had four goals and Madison Gates scored three times as Waterford beat Ledyard, 10-7. Carly Holdridge and Marin Mahoney both had a goal and an assist, Ilyanna Rivera had eight saves and Aidan Swansen scored for the Lancers (3-6). Maddie McLead had three goals, Kate English scored twice and Clare Inyang and Olivia Starz both scored for the Colonels (4-5).
• Lily Tomczik scored five times and Grace Sanford had three goals as Montville downed Killingly, 14-3, in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Division II game. Maddie Gould had two goals and Madi Price had a goal and two assists for the Indians (8-2, 6-1). Also, Lindsey Beavan scored and Madeline Horkey had 10 saves.
• Maeve Madura and Lindsay Narracci each scored three times in Morgan's 9-7 win over Old Lyme in the Shoreline Conference. Caroline Crolius had three goals, Grace Arnold scored twice and Ella Curtiss Reardon had a goal and an assist for Old Lyme (6-5, 4-4).