H.S. softball roundup: Stonington softball tops Fitch for eighth straight win
Groton — Carli LoPresto, Kelsea Anderson and Lola Worsdale had two hits apiece Tuesday as the Stonington High School softball team defeated Fitch 8-6, the eighth straight victory for the Bears.
Maddy Stepski went 1-for-2 and earned the 100th hit of her career for Stonington (13-3) and Bri Plew added a two-run double.
Grace Jenkins hit a grand slam for Fitch (9-7) and Sydney Lyon was 3-for-4 with a double, an RBI and a run scored.
In other games:
• Ava McCarvill had two hits and Sammi D'Atri scored two runs as Bacon Academy defeated New London 7-4. Alina Skrabacz had two hits and Cassandra Roman had a double and scored a run for New London.
• Lily Marelli had three hits and two runs scored as Waterford defeated Woodstock Academy 15-1 in a game shortened to six innings by the mercy rule. Anna Donahue, Maddie Burrows, Lexi Collins and Emma Marelli had two hits apiece for the Lancers (15-3). Brielle Kenney was the winning pitcher.
• Caity Flynn had four hits as Norwich Tech defeated Tourtellotte 21-6. Flynn also had four runs scored and three RBI for the Warriors (12-2).
• Lena-Maria Byers had three hits and Rylee Benway drove in three runs as Lyman Memorial edged St. Bernard 11-10. The Bulldogs are 14-4. Aubree Nygaard had three hits and two RBI for St. Bernard (12-6).
• Addie Hauptmann homered twice as Wheeler defeated Parish Hill 17-0 in a game shortened to six innings by the mercy rule. Keelan Groves had two hits and three runs scored, Maddie Perkins four hits and four RBI and Reese Main three hits and two RBI for Wheeler (10-4).
• Paige Perkins went 2-for-2 as Ledyard defeated East Lyme 7-1. Samantha Money and Aaliyah Amidon had two hits apiece to support Amidon's one-hit pitching with 14 strikeouts.