Barrett-Jackson generated record sales at Mohegan Sun
Mohegan — Barrett-Jackson’s 3rd Annual Northeast Auction of collector cars at Mohegan Sun generated more than $24.9 million in vehicle sales last week, the Scottsdale, Ariz., company reported Monday.
During the four-day event, 662 vehicles — 99 percent of those up for auction — were sold. Auctioning took place Thursday, Friday and Saturday in Mohegan Sun Arena, while related staging and events began Wednesday in the casino’s newly opened Earth Expo & Convention Center.
Sales of 457 pieces of “automobilia” brought in more than $832,000.
Barrett-Jackson raised $1,245,000 for charity through the sale of five vehicles, including two last-production Dodges, a 2017 Viper and a 2018 Challenger SRT Demon, which together went for $1 million. Total event sales reached nearly $27 million, a Barrett-Jackson Northeast Auction record.
The top 10 vehicle sales were:
• 1967 Chevrolet Nova Custom Coupe, $275,000
• 1967 Shelby GT500E Super Snake, $210,000
• 2015 Rolls-Royce Ghost, $203,500
• 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon, $198,000
• 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS454 LS6, $172,700
• 1970 Plymouth Road Runner Superbird, $170,500
• 1965 Chevrolet Corvette 396/425 Convertible, $170,500
• 2010 Ferrari 458 Italia, $170,500
• 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Custom Coupe, $156,800
• 1960 Chevrolet Corvette 283/250 Convertible, $144,100
Stories that may interest you
On Jan. 10, U.S. Rep. Joe Courtney, D-2nd District, read a statement describing Desmonds' life and service into the Congressional Record, and a small road behind the high school gym has been designated as Desmond Way with a memorial.
Wednesday is expected to be much milder, with highs in the mid-40s during the day.
Council members will gather in the Council Chambers on Thursday at 6 p.m. to vote on the second list of proposed American Rescue Plan funded expenditures.