Barrett-Jackson generated record sales at Mohegan Sun
Mohegan — Barrett-Jackson’s 3rd Annual Northeast Auction of collector cars at Mohegan Sun generated more than $24.9 million in vehicle sales last week, the Scottsdale, Ariz., company reported Monday.
During the four-day event, 662 vehicles — 99 percent of those up for auction — were sold. Auctioning took place Thursday, Friday and Saturday in Mohegan Sun Arena, while related staging and events began Wednesday in the casino’s newly opened Earth Expo & Convention Center.
Sales of 457 pieces of “automobilia” brought in more than $832,000.
Barrett-Jackson raised $1,245,000 for charity through the sale of five vehicles, including two last-production Dodges, a 2017 Viper and a 2018 Challenger SRT Demon, which together went for $1 million. Total event sales reached nearly $27 million, a Barrett-Jackson Northeast Auction record.
The top 10 vehicle sales were:
• 1967 Chevrolet Nova Custom Coupe, $275,000
• 1967 Shelby GT500E Super Snake, $210,000
• 2015 Rolls-Royce Ghost, $203,500
• 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon, $198,000
• 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS454 LS6, $172,700
• 1970 Plymouth Road Runner Superbird, $170,500
• 1965 Chevrolet Corvette 396/425 Convertible, $170,500
• 2010 Ferrari 458 Italia, $170,500
• 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Custom Coupe, $156,800
• 1960 Chevrolet Corvette 283/250 Convertible, $144,100
Stories that may interest you
Museum technician Petty Officer 2nd Class Lauren Laughlin and volunteers worked on new exhibit displays Thursday at the museum on the Coast Guard Academy's campus.
The Union Baptist Church is hosting its annual Mother's Day Flower Sale.
Between written and spoken comments, 10 people testified on Mayor Michael Passero's budget proposal, all wanting to divert police funding to education and mental health services.
Staff will help people apply for rental and utility assistance at stops in Norwich, Montville, East Lyme, New London, Sprague and Windham.