Barrett-Jackson generated record sales at Mohegan Sun
Mohegan — Barrett-Jackson’s 3rd Annual Northeast Auction of collector cars at Mohegan Sun generated more than $24.9 million in vehicle sales last week, the Scottsdale, Ariz., company reported Monday.
During the four-day event, 662 vehicles — 99 percent of those up for auction — were sold. Auctioning took place Thursday, Friday and Saturday in Mohegan Sun Arena, while related staging and events began Wednesday in the casino’s newly opened Earth Expo & Convention Center.
Sales of 457 pieces of “automobilia” brought in more than $832,000.
Barrett-Jackson raised $1,245,000 for charity through the sale of five vehicles, including two last-production Dodges, a 2017 Viper and a 2018 Challenger SRT Demon, which together went for $1 million. Total event sales reached nearly $27 million, a Barrett-Jackson Northeast Auction record.
The top 10 vehicle sales were:
• 1967 Chevrolet Nova Custom Coupe, $275,000
• 1967 Shelby GT500E Super Snake, $210,000
• 2015 Rolls-Royce Ghost, $203,500
• 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon, $198,000
• 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS454 LS6, $172,700
• 1970 Plymouth Road Runner Superbird, $170,500
• 1965 Chevrolet Corvette 396/425 Convertible, $170,500
• 2010 Ferrari 458 Italia, $170,500
• 1970 Dodge Charger R/T Custom Coupe, $156,800
• 1960 Chevrolet Corvette 283/250 Convertible, $144,100
Stories that may interest you
April 13 was a busy day for the town of Salem, with the Lions 5K and Fun Run in the morning and an Easter egg hunt and jellybean run in the afternoon.
East Lyme High School freshman Madeline Fraser competed April 13-14 at the Level 8 Regional Gymnastics Championships in Springfield, Mass., placing first all-around in her age group, scoring a 38.225.
Area students shared Holocaust survivors' stories in a ceremony at Waterford High School on Wednesday as part of the Jewish Federation of Eastern Connecticut's Encountering Survivors program.
Workers from Mystic Shipyard re-install the restored anchor at Liberty Pole Square in Mystic Wednesday.