Make a Difference: Norwich Human Services
WHO: Joanne and Leah
AGENCY: Norwich Human Services
SITUATION: They lived in a Norwich apartment for about a year. While they were away, their dog jumped up on the gas stove and turned a knob, igniting a flame, which eventually burned down their house and the apartment below it. The pets, a dog, two cats and a snake, died. Both are avid animal lovers and Leah works as a dog groomer at PetCo. Joanne and Leah lost all their belongings in the fire. They are trying to rebuild their lives and have found a new apartment but have little to no furnishings, clothing and personal care items. They did not have renters insurance for the apartment that burned down but have it for the new apartment.
WHAT TO GIVE: They would be very grateful to receive gift cards to Walmart, Stop & Shop and Amazon to help rebuild their lives. Please send donations to Norwich Human Services, Norwich City Hall, 100 Broadway, Norwich CT 06360, marked “Make a Difference.”
Stories that may interest you
There aren’t many paper boys or paper girls left these days, and if the present trend continues, home delivery of daily newspapers may someday be a thing of the past.
Ahh, the good old days when parents and teachers were all fretting about how much screen time was too much for our kids.
People dressed warmly Tuesday while gathering at the Stonington Community Center, popularly known as the COMO, to play paddle tennis.
|More 'Make A Difference' stories|