Ledge Light offering free COVID-19 vaccine at pop-up clinics
New London — Ledge Light Health District is partnering with Community Health Center Inc. to provide pop-up COVID-19 vaccination clinics throughout the summer.
No appointments, insurance or ID are required. Free gift cards will be issued to those who get vaccinated. A list of currently scheduled clinics is available on the Ledge Light Health District website, www.llhd.org. Additional clinics will be added.
In New London, scheduled clinics include:
• Noon to 4 p.m. Saturday, Community Give Back Day, OIC of New London, 106 Truman St. (Pfizer, 12 and older; or Johnson & Johnson, 18 and older)
• Noon to 6 p.m. Saturday, It Takes a Village Basketball Tournament, Bartlett Park (Pfizer or J&J)
• 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Sunday, Garde Arts Center, 325 State St. (Pfizer or J&J)
• 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Elks Club, 81 Washington St. (Moderna, 18 and older; or J&J)
• 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesday, Senior Center, corner of Brainard and Mercer streets (Moderna or J&J)
• 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, July 24, Blackhall Street Block Party, Walls Clarke Temple AME Zion Church, 16 Belden St. (Pfizer or J&J)
Stories that may interest you
Town council voted Monday night to support Bozrah's grant application to preserve the Glemboski property, 160 acres of land shared by the two towns.
Bill Dutton of Gales Ferry and Lynn Mansel of Bozrah go scuba diving to take photos of fish and look for artifacts off shore from Stonington Point.
The Norwich Community Development Corp. board hired technical firms to design the proposed business park access road and a consultant to seek federal funding.