Ledge Light announces more COVID-19 vaccination clinics
Ledge Light Health District and Community Health Center Inc. have announced the scheduling of more pop-up COVID-19 vaccination clinics.
No appointment, insurance or ID needed are needed. Those who get vaccinated will receive a $20 gift card. Scheduled clinics include:
• 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, Community Resource & Health Fair, Walls Clarke Temple AME Zion Church, 16 Belden St., New London (Pfizer for 12+ or Johnson & Johnson for 18+)
• 4 to 6 p.m. Tuesday, Central Park, Central Avenue, Groton (Moderna for 18+ or J&J)
• 5 to 7 p.m. Thursday, Ledge Light Health District, 216 Broad St., New London (Moderna or J&J)
• 3 to 7 p.m. Friday, Progress Point Apartments, 152 Laurel Drive, New London (Pfizer or J&J)
• 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday, July 31, The Dream Market, Mercer Street, New London (Pfizer or J&J)
Stories that may interest you
One year later, no votes have been taken to formally accept or reject the idea, even though Selectwoman Mary Jo Nosal has brought up the issue more than 20 different times.
Bus drivers, teachers, nurses and more signed up to speak at the hearing.
Teams made up of family and friends of eight people who struggled with addiction and died will play at the annual event organized by Community Speaks Out.
The Board of Education continues to enforce mask policy in schools after a COVID-19 update during a meeting Tuesday night.