Soccer roundup: Montville boys remain unbeaten in ECC Div. III
Montville — Colby Cowan, Liam Cook and Madden Brown scored as Montville remained unbeaten in Eastern Connecticut Conference Division II play with a 3-1 win over Griswold in a boys' soccer game on Wednesday night.
Zach Handler had an assist and Adonis Santiago made seven saves for Montville (7-2-1, 3-0-1).
Ryan Fasula had a goal and Even Merchant made seven saves for the Wolverines (7-2-1, 2-1-1).
In other games:
• Anthony Martinez made 16 saves as New London beat Killingly 2-0 in an ECC Division III game. Moises Melgar Sanchez and Andy Suarez scored and Flavio Alvaraod had an assist for the Whalers (8-2, 3-2).
• Will Sawin, Billy deCastro, Sam Montalto and Ryan Turner scored as Stonington beat NFA 4-0 in an ECC Division I game. Brandon Tavares had the shutout for the Bears (10-1, 4-0). The Wildcats are 3-9, 1-3.
• Sam Blumberger scored on a header off a pass from Steven Laliberte in the second half as Bacon Academy edged Waterford, 1-0, in an ECC Division II match. Ryan Claffey had six saves for Bacon (8-4, 3-2). The Lancers are 5-5, 2-2.
• St. Bernard beat Plainfield 4-0 in an ECC Div. IV game. Alex Graul, Dominic Ranelli and Aidas Cass scored for the Saints (7-2-1, 5-0) who also got an own goal from Plainfield.
• Ellis Tech beat Grasso Tech 3-1 in a Connecticut Technical Conference game. Fabricio Gonzalez scored the goal and Cole Jorgensen had an assist for Grasso (1-8-1).
• Mariah Travisano and Rachel Ricciuti scored as Mitchell College beat Northern Vermont-Lyndon 2-0. Angelina Munoz made three saves for Mitchell (4-6-1.)
• Sydney Cook scored twice and Madisen Price had a goal and an assist as Montville topped Griswold on Tuesday night, 4-0, in an ECC Division III game. Jada Cheung had two assists, Lily Tomczik scored and Nicole Hudson added an assist for Montville (6-4, 4-1). Olivia Francis had nine saves for the Wolverines (1-10, 0-5).
• Brooke Bolles and Sadie Daniewicz scored as NFA beat Woodstock 2-1 in an ECC Division I game on Tuesday night. The Wildcats are 3-4-4 (2-1-1).
Stories that may interest you
Noelle Tursky had a match-high 23 assists, 14 digs and seven aces to lead Coast Guard to a 25-14, 25-20, 25-21 win over WPI in a New England Women’s and Men’s Athletic Conference match.