Log In


Reset Password
  • MENU
    Police-Fire Reports
    Monday, March 04, 2024

    Police say suspect in New Orleans ‘massacre’ arrested in Norwich

    Norwich ― Police on Thursday arrested a man on gun-related charges who had previously been convicted in connection with a 2014 shooting in New Orleans know as the “Burgundy Massacre.”

    Blair “Blood” Taylor, was taken into custody in Norwich on Thursday by police working with the FBI’s Violent Crime Task Force.

    Police, in a statement posted on Facebook, said Taylor and an accomplice opened fire on a house party on Burgundy Street in New Orleans, La., in 2014. Two people were killed and five others were wounded, including two brothers, ages 2 and 4, who were shot in the head.

    Taylor and an accomplice were convicted on two counts of second-degree murder and five counts of attempted second-degree murder and sentenced to serve life in prison. A second trial, however, led to a not guilty verdict and Taylor’s release from prison, according to reports published by Fox8 news.

    Since his release, Norwich police said Taylor has relocated to Norwich and recently was arrested for a crash involving an officer. Since that initial arrest with the Norwich Police Department, the U.S. Attorney's Office indicted Taylor for violation of the Gun Control Act.

    Norwich police did not return calls seeking information about the arrest, including the specific charges Taylor faces.

    Comment threads are monitored for 48 hours after publication and then closed.