H.S. soccer: Norwich Tech boys beat Grasso Tech to remain unbeaten
Norwich — Roman McElwee scored a pair of goals while Zach Lamitie added three assists as Norwich Tech remained unbeaten with a 6-0 Connecticut Technical Conference boys’ soccer victory over Grasso Tech on Wednesday.
The Warriors (4-0) have yet to allow a goal.
Jadiel Marinez and Cameron Maskaly finished with one goal and one apiece for Norwich Tech while Hunter Jackson and Miles Jackson each scored a goal.
Grasso Tech is 0-2-1.
In other matches:
• Williams School won its home opener with a 6-3 win over Forman. Callum McKillop scored three goals for the Blues (2-2) while Calvin Neff added two goals and Aarav Patel scored the final goal.
• Nolan Muncaster scored a pair of goals while Chris Baukus added a goal and three assists as Montville routed Tourtellotte 7-0 on Tuesday night. In addition, Noah Keenan had one goal and two assists, Aaron Gould one goal and one assist, Colby Cowan and Elijah Klucek eadh had a goal and Jack Giurleo an assist for Montville (3-1-1).
• Abigail Belleville had three goals and an assist as East Lyme rolled to a 6-0 win over Fitch in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Division I game. Summer Antonio, Jessica Knapp and Linnaya Rheaume each added a goal for the Vikings (4-1, 2-1) while Riddhi Venkatesh had three assists and Lily Antonio one. Grace Jenkins stopped 14 shots in goal for Fitch (1-5, 0-2).
• Paige Jessuck headed home a cross from Payton Smith with two minutes left in regulation to tie the game and Waterford went on to a 1-1 double overtime draw with Ledyard in an ECC Division II match. Victoria Sturm made two saves the the Lancers (3-1-1, 0-1-1), who held a 15-4 edge in shots. Sarah Bailey scored the lone goal for the Colonels (3-1-1, 1-1-1) and goalie Jess Dudley made nine saves.
• Goals by Carly Constantine and Gianna Terranova lifted Stonington to a 2-0 ECC Division II victory over Killingly. Iliana Rashleigh and Finella O’Keefe each added assists for the Bears (5-1, 3-0), who lead the division.
• Unbeaten Lyman Memorial won its ECC Division IV opener with a 6-0 win over Tourtellotte. Leah Comeroski had two goals and two assists to lead the Bulldogs (4-0-1, 1-0) while Emily McKelvey had a goal and an assist, Maddie Archer had two assists, Magda Carpenter, Nevaeh Shifrin and Allysa Judd each scored a goal and Becca Ziegler had an assist.
• Jada Cheung and Avery Bouchey scored two goals apiece and Kenzie O’Donnell added a pair of assists in Montville’s 7-0 ECC Division III win over New London. Lily Tomczik, Avery Bouchey, Melinda Siismets (penalty kick) and Alexa Tufares also scored goals for Montville (3-2, 2-0). New London is 0-3, 0-2.
• Skylar Frost scored a pair of goals as Williams played Forman to a 3-3 draw. Phoebe Taylor also scored for the Blues (2-0-1), who led 3-2 before Forman tied the game with a late goal.
• Isabella Mawson scored in overtime to lift Woodstock Academy to a 3-2 win over NFA on Tuesday night. Sadie Daniewicz and Jordan Fabry had goals for NFA (1-3-1, 1-1), Brooke Bolles and Emily Tucker had assists and Ava Boenig was strong on goal, making 11 saves.