H.S. roundup: East Lyme boys hand East Hampton first loss
East Hampton — East Lyme scored a pair of second half goals to hand East Hampton its first loss of the season, 2-1, in a non-conference boys’ soccer match on Monday afternoon.
Connor Moran, assisted by Blake Biggs, broke a scoreless tie for the Vikings (6-3) and Diego Virgen set up Robert Stoddard for the second goal with just under 10 minutes remaining.
East Hampton (6-1-1), which held a 14-9 edge in shots, scored a late goal against East Lyme goalie Connor Piper, who made nine saves.
In other matches:
• Diego Martinez scored three goals as Fitch outlasted Ledyard 4-3. Ryan Greene also found the back of the net for the Falcons (2-6) while Donte Valentine and Jack Zuliani had assists and goalie Nate Virtue made 11 saves. Peyton Luther scored both goals for the Colonels (3-5-1).
• Host Old Lyme and Stonington battled to a scoreless draw. Jonah Lathrop made 14 saves in goal for the Wildcats (3-3-2) while Nick Cannella made five saves for the Bears (6-1-2).
• Goals by Colby Cowan, Anthony Martin and Aaron Gould lifted Montville to a 3-1 non-conference win over Norwich Tech. Noah Keenan, Ben Godburn and Brendan Duhamel each had an assist for Montville (5-2-2) while Michel George converted a penalty kick for Norwich Tech (5-2).
• Harvey School defeated Williams School 6-2 in the Housatonic Valley Athletic League. Samuel Kaplan and Aarav Patel each scored a goal for the Blues (2-6).
• Leah Comeroski had a goal and two assists as Lyman Memorial remained unbeaten with a 4-1 victory over Plainfield. Magda Carpenter added a goal and an assist for the Bulldogs (8-0-1) while Avery Volle and Becca Ziegler each scored a goal, Maddie Archer had an assist and goalie Phoebe Carpenter made seven saves.
• Cassie Rice’s goal just before the end of the first 10-minute overtime period lifted Ledyard to a 2-1 victory over East Lyme. The Colonels (5-2-1) had taken a 1-0 lead on a goal by Jess English (Alanah Maranzano assisted) before Jessica Knapp tied the game for the Vikings (5-3) with a goal in the second half.
• Alex Tabilas broke a scoreless tie with 9:45 remaining as Norwich Free Academy edged Waterford 1-0. Goalie Ava Boenig earned her third straight shutout for the Wildcats (4-3-1) by making five saves while Victoria Strom stopped two shots for the Lancers (4-3-1).
• Madilyn Wooten’s goal with just 1:28 remaining lifted Griswold to a 1-0 victory over Wheeler. Sophia Wooten assisted for the Wolverines (3-4) against the Lions (2-5), who held a 15-8 edge in shots.
• St. Bernard scored a pair of second-half goals to defeat Old Saybrook 2-0 in a non-conference match. Chloe Jennings converted a free kick in the 53rd minute for the Saints (5-2) and Emily Hernandez, assisted by Sienna Sferrazza, added an insurance goal in the 70th minute. Both teams had 11 shots on goal.
• Fitch battled Bacon Academy to a 1-1 tie in Colchester. Dre’Ana Singleton, assisted goal by Grace Jenkins (25 saves), scored in the second half to give the Falcons (1-6-1) a 1-0 lead, but the Bobcats (6-2-1) scored with less than a minute remaining to earn the draw.
• Skylar Frost and Lucy Fader scored two goals apiece as Williams beat Harvey 4-0 in the HVAL. Natalie Boissevain earned her first shutout of the season in goal for the Blues (3-2-1, 3-0-1).
• Anna Lettiere scored a pair of goals while Marina Lewandowski had a goal and two assists to highlight Stonington’s 8-0 win over Woodstock in the Eastern Connecticut Conference. Katie Anbari, Nora Walsh, Martha Bellet and Autumn Christian each had one goal and one assist for the Bears (6-2, 6-0) while Olivia Duhig also scored for Stonington, which held a 27-2 edge in shots.