H.S. roundup: Fenton and Livie Bass win an all-Old Lyme final in Shoreline girls’ tennis tourney
Clinton — Old Lyme’s Alexis Fenton and Livie Bass won the Shoreline Conference girls’ tennis doubles championship on Tuesday at Morgan School.
Fenton and Bass defeated Aggie Hunt and Beatrice Hunt 4-6, 6-1, 6-2 in an all-Old Lyme championship match (the Hunt sisters were seeded fourth), while the Wildcats’ Sam Tan reached the 1-2 singles final before losing to Coginchaug’s Piper Remillard 6-2, 6-0.
Remillard defeated another Old Lyme player, Elaine Morosky, in the semifinals.
In addition, the Wildcats’ Callie Bass won the 3-4 singles championship with a 6-3, 6-3 victory over teammate Katherine Zhang int he final.
Following the tourney, Fenton, Livie Bass, Callie Bass, Zhang, Tan, Aggie Hunt, Beatrice Hunt and Morosky were named to the All-Shoreline Conference first team with Izzy Reynolds and Natalie Buckley earning honorable mention status.
In the boys’ tournament, Old Lyme’s Griffin McGlinchey won the 3-4 singles title with a 7-5, 6-4 victory over Morgan’s Steven Kinser.
• Wheeler’s Cameron Conway was the medalist at Stonington Country Club with a 40 as the Lions beat Fishers Island 1-0 by winning the medal point 166-237. Keiran Boscoe and Tyler Signor each added 41s for Wheeler (14-1).
• NFA’s Max Weston and Costa Kapilotis each shot 42 to share medalist honors in a 7-0 win over Windham/Parish Hill. Nick Wigfield, John Howe and Marcelo Reposo also won matches for the Wildcats (10-5).
• Fitch won its first match of the season with a 5.5-1.5 win over Griswold. Gianni Drab was the medalist with a 45 for the Falcons (1-14) while Cole Faulkner and Jack Barie also won matches. Evan Merchant won for Griswold (7-9-1) while Fitch’s Charlie Bergendahl and Griswold’s Genarro Lavado halved.
• Vinal Tech’s Luke Monarca was the medalist with a 43 during a 181-185 win over Grasso Tech in a CTC match at Pequot Golf Course. Grasso Tech is 4-10-1.
• Caroline Godere earned medalist honors with a 43 as NFA defeated Stonington 211-241 in the ECC. The Wildcats are 13-1, 12-0. Maizy Alu led Stonington (4-5, 4-5) with a 55.
Comment threads are monitored for 48 hours after publication and then closed.