Montville grand list dips 4 percent
Montville - The town's 2012 grand list, which is the sum of all taxable property in town, fell by about 4 percent from 2011.
The grand list decreased from last year's $1,294,962,978 to this year's $1,242,051,340. Last year's top taxpayer, the now-defunct coal-fired power plant AES Thames Inc., saw its value decrease from $39.7 million to $7.9 million.
The town's top 10 taxpayers are:
1. Connecticut Light & Power Co., $29 million
2. CSC Montville Commons LP (Stop & Shop Plaza), $13.5 million
3. Home Depot USA Inc., $11.8 million
4. Montville Power LLC, $11.5 million
5. Rand-Whitney Containerboard Ltd., $8.9 million
6. Stonestreet Hospitality Realty Company (Hyatt Place Hotel), $8.5 million
7. AES Thames Inc., $7.9 million
8. Jensens Inc., $5.9 million
9. Burkhard Hotel Partners II LLC (Best Western Cristata), $5.1 million
10. AES Thames LLC, $4.9 million
- Kelly Catalfamo
Stories that may interest you
The city's Planning and Zoning Commission has granted conditional approval to plans for a pedestrian bridge over Water Street to the waterfront, a future connection to the estimated $100 million National Coast Guard Museum.
Despite confession to police, suspect in family's murder says he didn't do it.
This year, people who have spent Decembers embodying the spirit of Ol’ St. Nick are having to adjust the way they spread cheer to the realities of a COVID-19 world.