Norwich top 10 taxpayers listed
Norwich — The list of the top 10 city taxpayers released this week is little changed from last year’s list, with Computer Sciences Corp. in the Stanley Israelite Norwich Business Park once again at the top.
The list was released Thursday, a day after Assessor Donna Ralston released the 2018 grand list of taxable properties based on values calculated Oct. 1, 2017. The city’s grand list rose by 1.7 percent, a $31.5 million in combined real estate, motor vehicle and personal property values.
Norwich top 10 taxpayers in total assessed values:
1. Computer Sciences Corp., $38.02 million.
2. TKG Norwich (Norwichtown Commons shopping center), $16.81 million.
3. Domino Solar Ltd. (9 Stott Ave., 292 Plain Hill Road and Rogers Road solar arrays), $15.68 million.
4. Bob’s QRS 16-25 Inc. (Bob’s Discount Furniture distribution center), $15.12 million.
5. Norwich Realty Associates LLC (Marcus Plaza shopping center), $10.18 million.
6. Algonquin Gas Transmission LLC (natural gas pipeline), $9.28 million.
7. Plaza Enterprises (commercial plaza at 113 Salem Turnpike), $9.26 million.
8. USF Propco I LLC/US Foods, $8.66 million.
9. Mashantucket Pequot Tribe (Spa at Norwich Inn), $8.65 million.
10. Wal-Mart Real Estate Business Trust (Walmart/Big Y plaza), $8.15 million.
The Freeport-McMoran Products copper manufacturing plant, once the perennial city top taxpayer, would have come in fifth place this year with a total assessed value of $13.9 million, but Ralston said the plant received $7.7 million in state manufacturing exemptions, putting its taxable value at $6.2 million.
Stories that may interest you
Sri Lanka was the Lonely Planet guide's top travel destination for 2019, but since the Easter attacks on churches and luxury hotels, foreign tourists have fled
Ditch the cart: More grocery stores are offering online ordering and delivery
The company's health plans cover 1.1 million U.S. employees and dependents.
A federal judge is ordering the Food and Drug Administration to begin reviewing e-cigarettes