East Lyme grand list up by 0.8 percent
East Lyme — The 2018 net grand list of taxable property rose by 0.8 percent over the previous year, adding nearly $17.4 million in assessed property value over the previous year’s total. The grand list, calculated as of Oct. 1, 2018, totaled $2.18 billion in combined real estate, personal property and motor vehicle values, Assessor Diane Vitagliano reported.
Assessed values of the top 10 taxpayers:
1. GDEL Residential LLC (Gateway Commons Apartment Complex): $27,836,990
2. Connecticut Light and Power: $26,799,070
3. L&L East Lyme LLC: $9,433,060
4. 417 Main St Niantic LLC (Assisted Living): $7,984,410
5. Mitchell Trust LLC: $6,205,720
6. GRE 314 East Lyme LLC (solar farm): $5,390,050
7. Flanders Plaza Association: $5,324,200
8. SMV Niantic LLC (rehabilitation center): $4,224,150
9. Deerfield 95 Investor Development Inc. (Apartments): $3,780,000
10. Windward LLC (Apartments): $3,358,100
— Mary Biekert
Stories that may interest you
DEAR ABBY: Many years ago, I had a romance with a young girl in a faraway town. After a year, thinking I could do better, I moved on. With the benefit of hindsight, I now realize she stood head and shoulders above all the others, and I had tragically discarded my soul...
Students from the Ledyard, Fitch, and New London high schools' "More Than Words" diversity leadership group embark on the schooner Amistad for the final lesson in the Discovering Amistad curriculum Monday.
Norwich building official condemned two six-unit apartment buildings in Taftville on Thursday, displacing 22 adults and 21 children.
Tribal member played major role in preserving Mohegan cultural history