Rhode Island to distribute 500,000 at-home COVID-19 tests
PROVIDENCE (AP) — Another half a million at-home tests for COVID-19 are being distributed to residents in Rhode Island.
Gov. Dan McKee said Thursday that 70% of the tests will go to city and town governments for redistribution to residents. The remaining 30% will be given to community organizations like housing authorities and religious and cultural groups that serve vulnerable populations.
The state has already distributed 500,000 tests, bringing the total number of tests made available to residents to 1 million in slightly over a month.
“Our whole-of-government COVID response team is focused on making it more convenient for Rhode Islanders to get tested when they need to,” McKee said.
Stories that may interest you
Minimum-wage increase, while a blessing for workers, proves a challenge for small businesses during high inflation
Approximately 200,000 workers will see their wages rise as a result of the July 1 increase, according to the Connecticut Department of Labor. Full-time minimum-wage earners can expect an extra $2,080 in their paychecks this year.
As New York enters its third pandemic summer, the city has been caught in another COVID-19 wave, with an explosively contagious omicron strain pushing test positivity rates to steep heights.
A company that has performed appraisals on some of Donald Trump’s most prized properties has been held in contempt of court for missing a deadline to turn over documents in the New York attorney general’s civil investigation into the former president’s business practices
The man charged with killing his mother at sea in a plot to inherit millions of dollars is asking a federal court judge to authorize his release from custody pending trial
Minimum-wage increase, while a blessing for workers, proves a challenge for small businesses during high inflation6:25 am