H.S. softball: Smith, Parker lift Whalers past Tourtellotte
Thompson — Finella Smith went 3-for-4 with four RBI and Caylee Parker threw a one-hitter as New London rolled to a 16-1 softball win over Tourtellotte on Thursday.
Parker walked three and struck out nine while going the distance and Bria Fielding had three hits and two RBI and Cassandra Roman had two hits and three RBI for the Whalers (2-1).
In other games:
• Freshman Samantha Money pitched a one-hitter with 12 strikeouts for her first career win and went 3-for-5 with three runs and two RBI as Ledyard downed Windham 14-0. Aaliyah Amidon went 3-for-4 with three RBI and two runs, Jenna Topalis had a double, triple and three runs, and Paige Perkins went 2-for-3, including a double, with a run and RBI for the Colonels (3-0). Also, Amanda Cox had a double and RBI.
• Freshman Victoria Gage pitched a no-hitter with seven strikeouts and went 3-for-4 with three runs and an RBI as Old Lyme trounced Westbrook 26-0 in a five-inning Shoreline Conference game. Paige Kolesnik had two doubles, a home run, four runs and three RBI for Old Lyme (1-1, 1-1) and Maddie Cann went 2-for-3, including a grand slam, with four runs. Also, Grace Lathrop had a triple, home run, four RBI and two runs.
• Alexis Michon pitched a one-hitter and hit a home run as Montville overwhelmed Putnam 18-1. Katelin Price, Rori Curran and Jillian Murallo all had three hits, including a triple, for Montville and Abby Diamantini had two doubles.
• Morgan Teodosio had three hits, including a two-run home run, and four RBI to pace Seymour past Waterford, 10-1. Molly Adamo pitched a four-hitter with 10 strikeouts for Seymour (2-1), ranked seventh in the GameTimeCT/New Haven Register poll. Maddie Burrows allowed two hits over 3 2/3 inning of relief with four strikeouts and no runs for the Lancers (2-1) and Emma Marelli added an RBI single.
• Killingly broke a 2-2 tie with three runs in the fourth and the Redgals went on to defeat East Lyme 10-2. Olivia Quagan had two hits and drove in a run for the Vikings (1-2), while Jaylyn Mueller and Nikki Marsh each had a triple.
• Molly Butremovic had Wheeler's only hit in a 24-0, five-inning loss to Plainfield. Madison Kelley had a single, two home runs and five RBI for the Panthers.
• Makenzie Jones had a single and double and Hannah Smith doubled in Norwich Tech's 16-5 loss to Wilcox Tech. The Warriors fell to 0-3.
Stories that may interest you
Griffin Pontbriant pitched a two-hitter with nine strikeouts and no earned runs as Montville gave Lyman Memorial its first loss of the season, 2-1, in a game that lasted just one hour and 15 minutes.
Bowen Baker led off the game with a double and scored on an RBI single by Matt Pierce, then followed by pitching a complete game three-hitter with 14 strikeouts in Wheeler 6-0 victory over Griswold in a high school baseball game.
Akhil Chilamkurthi and Sam Whittaker won three events each for the East Lyme High School boys' track team Wednesday in a 92-58 victory over Fitch in what was the Eastern Connecticut Conference Division I opener for East Lyme.
The Stonington High School girls' tennis team remained unbeaten Wednesday with a 5-2 victory over Waterford, earning coach George Crouse his 500th career victory in the sport, as well.