H.S. roundup: Waterford boys win two lacrosse games in less than 24 hours
Waterford — Waterford won for the second time in less than 24 hours, defeating Stonington 7-3 in a boys' lacrosse game on Saturday morning.
The Lancers (2-3) were playing only hours after defeated Woodstock Academy, 4-3 in overtime, in an Eastern Connecticut Division I game on Friday night.
Nate Houggy and Oliver Searle scored three goals apiece for the Lancers in the win over Stonington, while Tyler Simao scored twice for the Bears (2-3).
During Friday night's win, Houggy scored twice and Searle added a goal and an assist. John Zimmerman also scored for Waterford while Jackson Huta had an assist and goalie Jake Kozlowski had four saves.
In other games:
• Southington defeated Old Lyme, 16-1, in a non-conference game. Nick Cox scored for the Wildcats (2-3) and Owen Macadam assisted.
• Josh Letellier had two goals and five assists as Fitch beat Norwich Free Academy on Friday night, 19-5, in an ECC Division I game. James Deichler had three goals and five assists, Devyn Jordan had five goals and an assist and Ty Peters had four goals and an assist for the Falcons (3-0, 3-0). Also, Evan Salen scored five times and Shawn Beebe had nine ground balls and an assist. Nolan Brown and Anthony Ballestrini both scored twice for the Wildcats (2-2, 1-2) and Logan Jenkins added a goal.
• JD Delaurentis scored four times and Cody Delaurentis added three goals as Williams downed Wooster on Friday, 13-6. Robbie Darling and Max Sarwar both had a goal and an assist for Williams (3-0) and Ben Xenelis scored twice. Also, Jackson DeFelice and Samuel Kaplan had a goal and an assist and Colby Potts had 21 saves.
• Caroline Crolius scored five goals as Old Lyme defeated Cromwell, 18-2, in the Shoreine Conference. Sydney Goulding and Emily Mesham had two goals apiece for the Wildcats (2-3, 2-3).
• Maddie Gould, Reagan Buscetto and Lily Tomczik scored three goals apiece as Montville defeated St. Bernard, 12-2, in an ECC Division II game. Grace Sanford scored twice for Montville (2-1, 1-1). Lindsay Clement scored twice for the Saints (1-2, 1-2).
• Rita Sefransky had six goals and two assists as Fitch defeated Bacon Academy, 20-6. Bridget O'Leary and Sophia Clang had four goals apiece for the Falcons (4-1), who handed Bacon (2-1) its first loss.
• Logan Rolfe shot a 37 to earn medalist honors as East Lyme beat New London on Friday, 7-0, in an ECC Division I match. Dan Singer shot a 38, Matt Orefice a 39, Max Caron a 45 and Graham Mundell a 54 for East Lyme (2-0, 2-0). Zach Stock shot a 45 and Brendan Rideout a 57 for the Whalers (0-3, 0-3).
• Sasha Manzione, Zhuning Gao, Olivia Busher and Meri Kambolli all won in straight sets in St. Bernard’s 7-0 win over Lyman Memorial on Friday in an ECC Division II match. The Saints (1-1, 1-0) also received doubles wins from the teams of Franchella Mariano and Yaila Gutierrez, Trizia Lao-ang and Arih Jey Villon-Nahue and Tian Richardson and Ona Parfitt. The Bulldogs are 1-3, 0-2.
• Montville beat Woodstock 5-2 in an ECC Division I match on Friday. Brendan Duhamel and Jack Giurlio won their matches for Montville (2-0, 2-0) which swept doubles behind the teams of Ethan Thomas-Matt Malbaurn, Jason Zhong-JaeSeung Kim and a forfeit.
• Old Lyme beat East Hampton 5-2 in a Shoreline Conference match on Friday. George Danes, Griffin McGlinchey and Will Danes won matches for the Wildcats and the doubles teams of Tim O'Brien-Regan Kaye and Mike Klier-Sam Koenigs won without dropping a game.
Stories that may interest you
Stonington outlasted Waterford on Friday, 4-3, avenging an early-season 4-3 loss to the Lancers in a matchup of Eastern Connecticut Conference Division I girls' tennis leaders.
Bacon Academy remained atop the Eastern Connecticut Conference Division II girls' lacrosse standings with an 18-3 victory over Griswold on Thursday.