H.S. lacrosse: Ledyard/Griswold boys outlast Montville 8-7 in ECC Div. II
Ledyard — Cam Reynolds scored four goals as Ledyard/Griswold edged Montville 8-7 in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Division II boys' lacrosse match on Tuesday night.
Roman Rich scored three goals and Dylan Crawford made nine saves for the Colonels (1-3, 1-1).
Jaiden Sherwood scored three goals and Will Klinefelter scored twice for Montville (0-3, 0-2).
In other games:
• Jack Keating scored three goals while Sean McCusker had a goal and five assists as East Lyme handed Waterford its first loss, 12-4, in an ECC Division I game. Sawyer Tighe added two goals and two assists for the Vikings (2-2, 2-0) while Drew Sager had two goals and one assist and Mason Senkow had one goal and one assist. C.J. Landry scored all four goals for the Lancers (4-1, 1-1).
• Anthony Ballestrini scored six goals and Nolan Brown had five goals and two assists as Norwich Free Academy defeated St. Bernard/Wheeler, 19-4. Logan Jenkins had four goals and three assists for NFA (1-2). Cam Reilly scored twice for the Saints (0-4).
• Nick Cox scored four goals in Old Lyme's 10-7 loss to Valley Regional in the Shoreline Conference. Cox also had an assist for the Wildcats (0-3, 0-2).
• Emily Gates scored six goals as Waterford defeated Killingly 15-3. Madison LaForte and Payton Smith scored three goals apiece for the Lancers (3-1).
• Lily Tomczik scored six times as Montville defeated Ledyard 15-7 in ECC Division II. Reagan Buscetto had five goals and Katie Koning made six saves for Montville (1-2, 1-2). Maddie McLeod had three goals for the Colonels (1-3, 0-2).
• Maddie Corbiel scored four goals as Fitch defeated Norwich Free Academy, 18-1, in ECC Division I. Rita Sefransky had two goals and five assists and Bridget O'Leary had three goals for Fitch (1-2, 1-1). NFA is 2-2, 0-2.
• Ivy Goodman had eight goals and one assist as Stonington rolled to a 13-3 win over Woodstock Academy in an ECC Division II match. Gabby Dimock added a goal and four assists for the Bears (5-0, 3-0) while winning 13 of 16 draws.
• Ally Iacobellis scored four goals to highlight Williams School's 12-7 win over Marianapolis Prep on Monday. Lucy Fader added three goals, one assist and 10 draw controls while Amaya Butler had two goals and one assist and Skylar Frost had a goal and three assist.
Stories that may interest you
Athletes in 26 high school sports were celebrated Tuesday night at Lake of Isles, as The Day held its second Athlete of the Year Awards Banquet three years after the first due to the pandemic.
The Supreme Court has sided with a football coach from Washington state who sought to kneel and pray on the field after games