Ledge Light Health District schedules more free flu clinics
New London — Ledge Light Health District has scheduled a series of free flu clinics for those 19 and older over the next two weeks.
All participants must wear a mask, stay in their vehicle, and practice social distancing. FluMist, a nasal spray version of the flu vaccine, is available for those who are healthy and not pregnant. Masks may be removed to receive the spray vaccine. Those electing to receive a flu shot should wear a short-sleeve shirt or loose-fitting clothes to provide easy access to the upper arm.
Signed consent forms, which can be downloaded at www.llhd.org or obtained at the clinics, are required. The schedule is:
• 10 a.m. to noon Tuesday, New London Senior Center, 120 Broad St.
• 2 to 4 p.m. Friday, City of Groton Municipal Building, 295 Meridian St.
• 10 a.m. to noon Saturday, Wheeler Library, 101 Main St., North Stonington
• Noon to 3 p.m. Sunday, Claude Chester School, One Harry Day Drive, Groton
• 10 a.m. to noon Dec. 16, Stonington High School, 176 S. Broad St., Pawcatuck
• 10 a.m. to noon Dec. 19, St. Vincent de Paul Place, 120 Cliff St., Norwich (drive-thru or walk-up)