Support Local News.

Please support our work by subscribing today.

Two Mystic restaurant workers taken to hospital as precaution for smoke inhalation

Get the weekly rundown
Sign up to receive our weekly Legal Insider newsletter

Mystic — The Mystic Fire Department responded to Chapter One Food and Drink at 32 W. Main St. for a report of heavy smoke in the furnace room at 12:43 p.m. Monday, and two employees were taken to the hospital as a precautionary measure for smoke inhalation, Fire Chief Anthony Manfredi Jr. said.

Manfredi said the smoke spread from the ground floor furnace to the second floor and a little bit into the restaurant. He said nobody was displaced from the second-floor apartments, and there was no smoke damage to the restaurant.

Firefighters used fans to ventilate all the rooms and get the smoke out, Manfredi said. He added that smoke was coming from the furnace, and there was probably a fire inside the furnace but it never came out.

Also responding was Mystic River Ambulance. Manfredi said the street was closed between Gravel and Pearl streets for about 15 minutes.

e.moser@theday.com

READER COMMENTS

Loading comments...
Hide Comments

TRENDING

PODCASTS