Log In


Reset Password
  • MENU
    Police-Fire Reports
    Friday, August 12, 2022

    Stove fire displaces one person in New London

    New London — One person was temporarily displaced from their home Tuesday morning after a stovetop fire got under control.

    City firefighters were called to 177 Nautilus Drive, Unit 5, at about 9:30 a.m. for reports of a fire in the kitchen. Firefighters quickly extinguished a fire that had spread from the stove to the cabinets and had also burned an overhead vent.

    Power was shut off to the unit and the city’s building department ruled it uninhabitable until repairs are made, said Fire Marshal Vern Skau. The cause of the fire was determined to be accidental, Skau said.

    Post your comment

    We encourage respectful comments but reserve the right to delete anything that does not contribute to an engaging dialogue. Help us moderate this thread by flagging comments that violate our guidelines. Read the commenting policy.