H.S. roundup: Kamireddy's even-par 36 helps NFA golfers beat Fitch
Sprague - Norwich Free Academy's Nick Kamireddy shot an even-par 36 on the front nine at Mohegan Sun Country Club, lifting the Wildcats' golf team to a 6-1 win over Fitch in the Eastern Connecticut Conference Large Division.
Frankie Lee (40), Billy Wallace (46) and Brenden Sullivan (50) also won for NFA (4-0, 4-0), while Luke Teixeira was the lone winner for Fitch (5-2, 2-2).
In other matches:
• Connor Callaghan earned medalist honors (40) as East Lyme beat Montville (7-0) and Waterford (7-0) in a tri-match. Waterford beat Montville 4-3. Drew Bradley, Zack Kosakowski and Fran Shields each shot a 42 for East Lyme (8-1). Tyler Goddu shot a 45 for Waterford (3-4). Ben Reed shot a 46 for Montville (3-4).
• Travis Russell shot a low-round 39 to pace Morgan of Clinton to its 156-163 win over Old Lyme in the Shoreline Conference. Paul Burdick and Matti Fuller both shot a 40 for Old Lyme (5-3).
• Katie Strickland shot a 57 to earn medalist honors as NFA remained unbeaten with a 255-279 win over Bacon at Mohegan Sun CC. Madeline Bennett added a 64 for the Wildcats (4-0).
• Andrea Chiaradio pitched a four-hitter with 10 strikeouts to lead Stonington past NFA 3-1. Christine McNeil hit a two-run single for the Bears (9-1) and Theresa Kane went 3-for-4 with a run and an RBI. Emily Arico went 2-for-3, including a triple, for NFA (5-5).
• Mary Murphy had three hits, including a double and triple, with four RBI for Grasso Tech in its 11-9 loss to Vinal Tech of Middletown in the Constitution State Conference. Morgan Ruggieri had two triples and two runs for Grasso (4-7) and Abigail Soriano had two hits and two RBI.
• Nathalia Vega had three hits and four RBI to lead Kaynor Tech of Waterbury past Norwich Tech 20-9 in the CSC. Dorry Libby had two hits and two runs for Norwich Tech.
• Hannah Long scored five goals for NFA in a 16-12 victory over St. Bernard. Maya Bell added four goals and Megan Gada three goals and four assists for NFA (6-3-1), which broke open the game after being tied 5-5 at halftime. Maria Theiler scored six times for St. Bernard (3-6).
• Sam Seymour had four goals and two assists in Bacon Academy's 11-8 win over Ledyard. Kerrie Gardner had three goals and an assist for Ledyard (2-7) and Ellie Phetteplace had three goals.
• Kiki Ryan had three goals and four assists as East Lyme downed Waterford 18-1. Belle Kenny had two goals and two assists for East Lyme (5-3) and Kristen Walter had two goals and an assist. McKenzie Potter scored for Waterford (4-4).
• Gabby Rose and Molly Beck each had four goals as Old Saybrook beat Old Lyme 10-9 in the Shoreline Conference. Old Saybrook is 3-3, 3-2. Sloane Sweitzer had four goals for Old Lyme (6-3, 5-3) and Allie Buckley had two goals and two assists.
• Lili Goldberg scored eight goals to lift Williams School past Marianapolis Prep 18-1. Maddie Lahm added eight goals and three assists and Elizabeth Reiser had two goals and three assists for the Blues.
• Stonington turned a one-goal lead at halftime into a 16-8 victory over Bacon Academy, getting four goals and two assists from Zach Poirier. Tyler Grills, Dan Riordan and Nick Balestracci each scored three goals and Will Iorio had a goal and four assists for the Bears (8-2). Stonington led 6-5 at halftime before scoring five goals each in the third and fourth quarters.
• Grayson Reuling had four goals as Fitch trounced Wheeler 18-3. Tim Drake and Nick Fairbanks each had three goals for Fitch (5-5). Wheeler is 0-7.
MOST VIEWED MEDIA
MOST DISCUSSED STORIES