Ledge Light Health District offers free COVID-19 vaccines in New London, Groton
Ledge Light Health District has partnered with Community Health Center Inc. to hold a series of pop-up COVID-19 vaccination clinics throughout the summer. No appointment, insurance or identification is needed. The list of currently scheduled clinics is available on the Ledge Light Health District website. Additional clinics will be added. Community members are encouraged to check the website and social media and to look for the vaccination teams in their neighborhood.
Currently scheduled clinics include:
- Wednesday, June 16, 4-6 p.m., Groton Elks Lodge, 700 Shennecossett Road, Groton; LLHD will be offering Moderna or Johnson & Johnson shots to people 18 and older.
- Friday, June 18, 9-11 a.m., Williams Park, Broad Street, New London; LLHD will be offering Moderna or J&J to people 18 and older.
- Saturday, June 19, 4-7 p.m., Dream Market, Mercer Street, New London; CHC will be offering Pfizer to people 12+ and Pfizer and J&J to people 18 and older.
- Monday, June 21, 10 a.m.-noon, New London Adult Education, 3 Shaw St., New London; LLHD will be offering Moderna and J&J to people 18 and older.
- Tuesday, June 22, 3:30-6:30 p.m., New London Elks Lodge, 81 Washington St.; New London, LLHD will be offering Moderna and J&J to people 18 and older.
- Wednesday, July 7, 5-7 p.m., Eat in the Streets, Bank Street, New London; LLHD will be offering Moderna and J&J to people 18 and older.
Stories that may interest you
For nearly 40 years, John Russel has lived in a quiet, quaint neighborhood on Robinson Street. But over the last 18 months, he said, "it's become like a war zone."
Group criticizes Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for shifting guidance as the delta variant of the coronavirus fuels increase of COVID-19 cases.
One of the biggest construction projects in downtown history is slated to start next summer.