H.S. soccer: No. 1 Ledyard boys roll past Montville 4-0
Montville — Nick Washington scored a pair of goals as top-ranked Ledyard remained unbeaten with a 4-0 boys' soccer victory over Montville on Wednesday.
One of Washington's goals came on a penalty kick.
Daimon Pollard added a goal and an assist for the Colonels (9-0) while Cameron Reynolds opened the scoring for Ledyard off a corner kick, and Tyler Laperle and Jack Smith added assists.
Goalie Adonis Santiago made 13 saves for the Indians (5-2) while Ledyard goalie Adonis Santiago made two saves.
In other games:
• Sam Montalto had a hat trick as No. 5 Stonington rolled past Windham 8-0. Will Sawin added a pair of goals for the Bears (8-1) while Andres Dahl, Dom Morrone and Billy deCastro each scored once.
• Diego Martinez scored in the 18th minute on an assist from Douglas Cardona to pace Fitch to a 1-0 win over Bacon Academy. Nate Virtue had four saves for Fitch (7-3). Ryan Claffey had two assists for the Bobcats (6-3).
• Andy Suarez scored the game-winner in the second overtime as New London outlasted Wheeler 3-2 in an entertaining match. Flavio Alvarado scored the first goal for the Whalers (5-2) and assisted on the second goal by Frankee Morocho. The Lions (4-5) scored their goals in the first two 13 minutes by Keiran Boscoe and Matt Pierce.
• Donovan Bousquet, assisted by Jeremy Gibbs, scored just four minutes into the match as Waterford beat Norwich Free Academy 1-0, Tim Silva earned the shutout in goal for the Lancers (5-4) with 10 saves while Zachary Redanz-Swett made four saves for the Wildcats (3-7)
• St. Bernard and Lyman Memorial played to a scoreless overtime draw in Montville. Joshua Person stopped five shots in goal for the Bulldogs (2-4-2) while Nathaniel Belchik made eight saves for the Saints (5-1-1).
• East Lyme and Woodstock Academy battled to a scoreless overtime draw. The Vikings (4-5-1) held a 15-5 edge in shorts and goalie Connor Piper stopped all five.
• Maddie McLeod had a goal and an assist as Ledyard beat Montville 3-0 in a matchup of Eastern Connecticut Conference Division III unbeatens. Cassie Rice and Megan Armstrong also scored goals for the Colonels (6-1-2, 4-0). Montville is 5-4, 3-1.
• Maya Terwilliger scored twice as Stonington beat NFA 2-1 on Tuesday night. Carly Constantine assisted on both goals for the Bears (6-3).
Montville Ledyard soccer gallery
For more photos from the Montville Ledyard boys soccer game click here.
Stories that may interest you
Noelle Tursky had a match-high 23 assists, 14 digs and seven aces to lead Coast Guard to a 25-14, 25-20, 25-21 win over WPI in a New England Women’s and Men’s Athletic Conference match.