Local roundup: Lancers score in overtime for 8-7 boys’ lacrosse win over Fitch
Groton — Ayden Bousquet had three goals, including the game-winner in overtime, as the Waterford High School boys’ lacrosse team edged Fitch 8-7 in an Eastern Connecticut Conference Division I game.
Jackson Huta added three goals and one assist and Tarance Silva and Trevor Stringer each had one goal for the Lancers (8-4, 4-2).
Evan Salen had four goals for Fitch (6-5, 1-4).
In other games:
• Logan Jenkins scored the game-winner in the last minute and led the scoring with four goals as Norwich Free Academy edged Woodstock Academy 9-8 in ECC Division I. Anthony Ballestrini scored two goals and Patrick Lawson made 14 saves for the Wildcats (7-3).
• Chris Baukus scored twice and Darien Sherwood made 11 saves in Montville’s 5-4 victory over Ledyard/Griswold in ECC Division II. Ethan Johnson, Luis Salas-Montalvo and Gavin DeLucia scored one goal each for Montville (4-5, 2-4). Tyler Kazlaukus, Wyatt Crawford, Brian Johnson and Eric Williams scored one goal each for Ledyard/Griswold (0-12, 0-6).
• Lily Tomczik scored seven goals as Montville defeated Bacon Academy 16-12 in Division II of the ECC. Reagan Buscetto and Kylie Spreng scored four goals apiece for Montville (4-6, 3-3). Bacon is 3-4, 1-4.
• Alexis Antonellis scored four goals and had two assists as Old Lyme beat Morgan 12-2 in the Shoreline Conference. Sydney Goulding and Ella Curtiss Reardon had three goals and an assist each and Kelly Sheehan and Gretchen Burgess scored goals for the Wildcats (8-3, 6-2).
• Chloe Jennings scored six goals as St. Bernard defeated New London 13-2 in ECC Division III. Violet Kunka, Gwyneth Howes, Olivia Mayorga, Adriana Nunez, Morghan Kuhn, Ally Hernandez and Ava Little also scored for the Saints (2-7, 2-5) while Catherine Hannaford had five saves.
• Marin Mahoney scored four goals as Waterford beat Killingly 14-6 in the ECC Division II game. Sadie Tiven and Aydson Wiseman had three goals each, Sarah MacDougall had three assists and Victoria Sturm scored twice for the Lancers (6-4, 3-2).
• No. 1 Babson rallied for a 15-14 win over No. 5 Coast Guard Academy in the semifinals of the New England Women’s and Men’s Athletic Conference tournament. Coast Guard (6-9) led 10-5 at halftime and 12-10 after three quarters. Waterford’s Caleb Holdridge had two goals and three assists, Ian Feely had two goals and an assist, Ryan Hunter scored twice and Gaige Kruger had three assists for the Bears.
• Medalist Brandon Tavares shot 32 as Stonington defeated New London (7-0) and Westerly (5-2). Ethan Torres shot 40 for the Bears (8-3).
• Killingly, with a medal point of 143, beat NFA 7-0. Harrison Giambattista of Killingly was the medalist with a 33. Nick Wigfield led NFA (5-3) with a 40.
• Griswold beat Tourtellotte 5-2. Cooper Wilson, Tommy Matson and Owen Pappas won matches for Griswold (3-1-1).
• NFA beat Killingly in an ECC meet. The Wildcats had a medal point of 203 and Killingly didn’t have a team score. Caroline Godere of NFA (9-1) was the medalist. On Wednesday, Godere and Kaydance Arpin each shot a 54 to lift NFA past Bacon Academy 220-279. Mia Belcamino had the top score for Bacon with a 57.
• Georgia Anglin shot 55 as East Lyme defeated Bacon Academy 228-271. Medalist Mia Belcamino led Bacon with a 51. Anglin also shot a 53 to lead East Lyme past Stonington 219-226 Wednesday at Elmridge GC. Morgan Dube and Natalie Brush each had 55s for the Vikings. Stonington’s Allie Mentz was the medalist, shooting a 50.
• Jacob Strain won three events as Griswold beat Plainfield 85.17-62.83 in an ECC Division III meet on Wednesday. Strain won the 400 (53.1), 800 (2:12.4) and high jump (5-4). Michael Strain won the 1,600 (5:13) and 3,200 (11:03.1) and Joshua Turner won the 200 (25.3) and triple jump (37-10) for Griswold (4-1, 2-1), which also beat Tourtellotte and Putnam.
• Josh Mooney won the 200 (22.17), discus (112-7.75) and javelin (143-3) and Hagen Drake the 110 hurdles (17.21), 300 hurdles (45.11) and triple jump (37-9.5) as Stonington beat New London 87-32 in an ECC Division II meet Wednesday. Anders Dahl (800, high jump) and Ryan Gruczka (1,600, 3,200) also won two events each for the Bears (4-2, 1-2). Jorge Gonzales Garcia won the 100 for New London (0-5, 0-3) in 11.24 and teamed with Chris Jones, Tyree Barnes and Kyntrel Witherspoon to win the 4x100 relay in 45.08.
• Plainfield beat Griswold 74-58 in an ECC Division III meet on Wednesday. Griswold (2-3, 0-3) also beat Tourtellotte and Putnam. Griswold’s Emily McDonough won the 100 (13.3) and triple jump (29-8.5).
• Leah Comeroski won three events as Lyman Memorial beat St. Bernard 114-33 in an ECC Division III meet on Wednesday. Comeroski won the 200 (27.2), long jump (15-3.5) and triple jump (33-1.5). Magda Carpenter, Gabriella Dinisoe and Emily McKelvy were double winners for the Bulldogs (5-1, 3-0), who also beat Windham Tech 123-21. Carpenter won the 800 (2:?39.6) and high jump (4-6), Dinisoe won the 100 hurdles (17.9) and pole vault (9-6) and McKelvy won the 100 (12.5) and 300 hurdles (50.5).
• Payton Lowe was a double winner for the Saints (2-3, 1-1), who also beat Windham Tech 85-34. Lowe won the shot put (31-4) and discus (96-9).
• Sasha Manzione won No. 1 singles and St. Bernard defeated New London 6-1. Meri Kambolli, Blake Murray and Carmela Ranger also won in singles for the Saints.